Annons:
Etikettdjurskyddsfrågor
Läst 1397 ggr
majvi
2014-11-15 09:51

Hjälp, katter får svälta

I över 10 år har det funnits en TNR-koloni vid Bayside´s statsfängelse, men nu har ledningen förbjudit matning.Det enda vi kan göra är att protestera

Cats at Bayside State Prison in New Jersey have been under a feeding ban for over a month. After years living on prison grounds, being fed and cared for as part of a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program, these cats’ lives are in danger. The prison’s administration has imposed a feeding ban, and is refusing to lift it.

Help us save these cats—contact the Commissioner of New Jersey’s Department of Corrections.

The feeding ban has been in place for 36 days now, and cats are at risk of starvation.  Alley Cat Allies has continuously reached out to the prison’s administration and the New Jersey Department of Corrections Commissioner Gary Lanigan, offering assistance. We have reported the cruelty, but no agencies are investigating. Alley Cat Allies is deeply concerned about the cats—last weekend we took a van of cat food to the prison, but were turned away.

Act now—request that the Department of Corrections lift the feeding ban immediately.

Along with several groups in New Jersey, we can help set up clean, organized feeding stations, spay/neuter, vaccinations, and other colony care best practices that are essential to a successful TNR program—if Bayside State Prison lifts the feeding ban. These cats don’t have much time left.

Like you, we cannot and will not sit idly by while this cruelty takes place. This policy cannot be allowed to stand—it is quite simply a mockery of the fine principles that bind us together as a humane and caring society.

Ask Commissioner Lanigan to lift the feeding ban, feed the cats, and work with Alley Cat Allies.

**https://secure3.convio.net/alley/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=369

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. 

Annons:
mmac
2014-11-16 05:16

Om jag har fattat rätt så måste man bo i USA för att kunna fylla i protesten. Man måste ha en amerikansk eller kanadensisk postkod. Jag har skrivit till Alley Cat Allies och hoppas att dom ändrar det så internationella protester kan vara med. MEN skriv gärna till den amerikanske senatorn Cory Booker som är från New Jersey. Hans mejladress är: info@booker.senate.gov. Man kan skriva så här t ex:

--

Dear Senator Booker,

I am writing to ask for your help. There have been cats living on the grounds of Bayside State Prison in New Jersey for over ten years. These cats are part of a state-sanctioned, taxpayer-funded Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program. Recently the administration issued a feeding ban and the cats have now been starving for over a month. I find this very cruel and hope you can help . More information can be found here:

http://news.alleycat.org/2014/11/10/bayside-state-prison-still-starving-cats/?utm_source=eNews-November&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eNews&utm_content=link

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

“ditt namn”

--

Det är  jätteviktigt att vi höjer våra röster för dessa katter som nu har varit utan mat i över en månad. 

/marie

mmac
2014-11-16 05:43

Eller bättre, faxa direkt till Commissioner Gary Lanigan. Nummer 001 (609) 292-9083. 

Man kan då använda Alley Cat Allies brev.

To: Commisioner Gary M. Lanigan. Department of Corrections.

Subject: Please Lift the Feeding Ban for the cats at Bayside State Prison

Dear Commissioner Lanigan,

Please lift the feeding ban for the cats who live at Bayside State Prison. I am disappointed to once again hear that Bayside Prison is threatening cats who have been part of a successful Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program at the prison for years. Not only are feeding bans cruel, they are ineffective. Feeding bans don't make cats disappear--it makes them more visible. These cats have not been fed for 33 days. This cruelty is unacceptable, and nationwide, animal lovers are shocked that New Jersey is allowing it. 

Alley Cat Allies and local groups are offering to step in and help establish feeding stations and colony care practices that will address the prison's concerns about the cats' current feeding location as well as any other concerns about the cats' care on prison grounds. Please accept their help. When Alley Cat Allies visited the prison to deliver food to the cats on Saturday, Nov. 8, they were turned away. The Department of Corrections needs to step in. 

Please lift this feeding ban and accept help from Alley Cat Allies and local groups. Taxpayer dollars have been invested in Bayside State Prison's successful TNR program, and with cat experts on your side, you will find a way to continue this program without violating any prison protocols.

Sincerely,

[Ditt Name]
[Din Adress]

majvi
2014-11-16 07:46

Jag kunde fylla i protesten.

Där det stod state/province valde jag none(other countries var med som ett val men gick inte att trycka på.)sen kunde jag skriva mitt postnr .Det verkar ha fungerat för jag fick ett mejl med tack från Alley Cat Allies.

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. 

mmac
2014-11-16 12:17

Jättebra! Då går det. Tack för att du skrev på! 🙂

Katthemsmatten
2014-11-17 14:37

Signerar regelbundet petitioner från Ally Cat. Gå gärna inte på greatergood.com också. Där finns flera petitioner som handlar om djur som behöver stöd.

Medarbetare Hittekatter iFokus

mmac
2014-11-17 22:42

Kommentar av Jacskon Galazy:

This is the link to Youtube to the Jackson Galaxy commentary video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oeuhzTwFhM&feature=youtu.be

Annons:
mmac
2014-11-17 22:48

Jag har tydligen lite svårt att stava idag 🤪 Jackson Galaxy ska det ju vara…

mmac
2014-11-18 20:53

Alley Cat Allies behöver nu underskrifter för ett brev till Guvernören i New Jersey för att hjälpa katterna som svälter.

Last week I asked you for help lifting a feeding ban cruelly imposed on cats at Bayside State Prison in New Jersey—your response has been incredible, but the cruel feeding ban is still in place. The cats and I need your help to get New Jersey to end this cruelty.

Act now—ask New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to intervene on behalf of the cats.

In Alley Cat Allies’ recent contact with Bayside State Prison’s administration as well as the Department of Corrections, officials have reaffirmed that the feeding ban remains.  This is unacceptable. Tens of thousands of people have expressed their shock and requested that the cats be fed and the prison work with Alley Cat Allies.

Please ask Governor Christie to reach out to the Department of Corrections to request an end to the feeding ban.

It’s unbelievable that officials have dug in their heels on this cruel, ineffective policy. We want to save the cats and set up a program that will be beneficial to the cats, the prison, and the state of New Jersey.

Speak up for the cats—ask Governor Christie to serve New Jersey and stop this state-sanctioned animal cruelty.

https://secure3.convio.net/alley/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=379

Upp till toppen
Annons: